Cross-country skiing in Pinzgau
Cross-country skiing is one of the healthiest types of sport with a relatively low risk of injury. Cross-country skiing uses around 80% of all muscles. Enjoy magnificent cross-country skiing trails in the surroundings of Viehhofen and observe the unique winter landscape.
Our neighbouring towns have the following cross-country skiing trails available:
- Mittersill: Hochmoor run on the Thurn Pass
- Saalbach-Hinterglemm: Reiterkogel run (classic)
- Zell am See / Kaprun: Entrance to the Pinzgau run
- Saalfelden: Ramseiden and Lake Ritzensee, even in minimal snow
- Maishofen: many kilometres of classic and skating